Mrs. James’ Website 7th Grade, 8th Grade, and English
Sonnet Assignment Rubric: Mrs. James
Student's Name ______________________________________________________
The sonnet has the following components:
- Three quatrains ______ 10 points
- Ends in a couplet ______ 10 points
- Each line is close to ten syllables ______ 10 points
- Follows the assigned rhyme scheme (ABABCDCDEFEFGG)
______ 10 points
The sonnet has an appropriate theme that is clear to the reader. No specific boyfriend or girlfriend is used in your sonnet. If your sonnet is about love, keep it general, please.
____ 10 points
- The sonnet is typed in blank ink and in an easy to read font.
- The rubric is stapled to the assignment
__________ 20 points
The sonnet uses correct grammar and spelling ________ 30 points
TOTAL Points ______________________ Grade A B C D F