The Lake Lure Classical Academy: A Challenge Foundation Academy (LLCA-CFA), is a tuition-free public charter school open to all North Carolina students. Our school opened in the fall of 2010 and serving grades K-7. LLCA adds a grade level each year until the school reaches 12th grade in the fall of 2015. The curriculum utilizes the Core Knowledge Sequence, a detailed outline of specific content to be taught in language arts, history, geography, mathematics, science and fine arts. The high school program will offer a rigorous college-preparatory classical curriculum that prepares students for a lifetime of critical thinking, self-motivated learning and active citizenship. See our Academic Curriculum page for more information about the Core Knowledge Sequence and the Classical Curriculum.
Lake Lure Classical Academy: A Challenge Foundation Academy offers:
- A safe, supportive learning environment
- Rigorous content-based curriculum aligned to North Carolina state standards
- NC EOG and EOC tests, as well as the Northwest Evaluation Association MAP Assessment
- A curriculum proven to increase learning
- A focused approach to developing critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Teacher-led instruction that includes exploration and hands-on learning
- A well-rounded education that includes extracurricular activities such as art, drama, music, and sports
- Student/teacher/parent partnership in quality education
School Update 2013: How is LLCA doing now that we’re in our 4th year? Attached below is a comprehensive report on LLCA’s enrollment, academic results, construction plans and finances. It’s designed to answer most of the questions that you may have about our school.